I have questions about traffic tickets and traffic violations

  • I lost my traffic ticket. How do I get a copy?
  • Where do I pay my ticket?
  • I got a parking ticket in New York City
  • I got a camera violation in New York City
  • My license was suspended or revoked. How do I get it back?


  • The ticket will have the name and address of the court to whom you must appear should you wish to contest the ticket.
  • If you lost your ticket, you must contact the court or traffic violations bureau that issued it. The court can be a city court, or a town and village court.
  • If you cannot find the court that issued the ticket, the NY DMV's call center may be able to help you. Read the New York State Troopers FAQ for a description of that service.
  • Court Help has pages on traffic cases and traffic infractions.
  • New York State Troopers Ticket -- Go to the State Troopers FAQ link for questions about tickets issued by New York State Troopers
  • New York City parking tickets -- go to the link for the NYC Dept of Finance
  • New York City traffic tickets -- go to the link for the NY DMV
  • There is information on "Monthly Installment Payment Plans for Vehicle & Traffic Offenses" on the nycourts.gov website.
  • Last Updated Sep 19, 2023
  • Views 11
  • Answered By Librarian 5

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0