Q. What are the laws on guide and therapy animals?
I am interested in the laws on emotional comfort and support animals. Also, what are the laws on service animals.
While the law of service and assistance animals is well settled, the law for therapy or emotional comfort is not yet defined.
- Civil Rights Law Art 4-B Rights of Persons with a Disability Accompanied by Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs or Service Dogs
- Civil Rights Law § 47-b Miscellaneous provisions
- General Obligations Law § 11-107 Compensation for Harm to a Guide, Hearing or Service Dog
- Penal Law, Art 242 Offenses Against Service Animals and Handlers
- Transportation Law § 147 Dogs accompanying persons with a disability
- 42 USCA § 3604(f)(3)(B) The FHA uses the term “assistance animals.”
- 28 CFR § 36.303(c) Service animals
Was this helpful? 0 0