Q. How do I enter a deceased person's apartment?

The apartment is sealed. The police department placed a seal on the door and I cannot enter to search for a will or other documents.


Contact the local Surrogate's Court for procedures and forms on unsealing a deceased person's apartment.  The NYC and Queens Surrogate's Courts haves guides on how to apply for a court order to enter a sealed apartment.

  • Last Updated Aug 13, 2020
  • Views 54
  • Answered By Librarian 5

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 1   1