Q. How do I obtain guardianship (control) over a child and a child's property?


The Surrogate’s Court can provide forms and assistance on how to fill them out. You will need to file the child's birth certificate and other required information and pay a $20.00 filing fee. Then, an investigation will begin and other procedures will be necessary. Most commonly, these proceedings are processed on the papers submitted to the Court, without the necessity of a formal hearing. However, in some circumstances, the court may require a hearing.



  • Last Updated Jan 17, 2020
  • Views 71
  • Answered By Librarian 5

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0