Q. My mother died in a nursing home.

I was told that I must file a proceeding in Surrogate's Court to obtain the money in her personal account. What proceeding do I file?


If that is the only asset or the value of the total assets are under $50,000, (exclusive of certain types of property, the clerk of court can provide more information as to whether you qualify), you may file a small estate proceeding. If over the relevant monetary amount, you must file a full administration or probate proceeding.

  • Last Updated Jan 17, 2020
  • Views 55
  • Answered By Librarian 5

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 2   0